A blog about my recent gallbladder removal, surgery and recovery. The audience of this blog is those who are going through or are about to go through this experience. Please feel free to ask questions and I would be happy to answer whatever I can.

I recommend starting with the first post and working your way forward in time for the complete picture!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

4 Weeks After Surgery: Going on a 3 Mile Run

Today I went for my first 3 mile run since the surgery. To be honest, I am surprised at how quickly I have recovered in 4 weeks, especially when I consider how I wasn't feeling so great about 3 weeks ago.

For the record, a 3 mile run for me is my standard run. I am not a regular runner either, I usually run once a week, but sometimes miss a week. I never run more than 3 miles (although I would like to try that going forward). The point is I am back to doing something I was doing before the surgery that I worried might take me 4-6 months to achieve, and it only took 4 weeks.

On a side note, I still feel a little nagging ache in my lower gut area, the same one that started several days ago. It's very light, and it comes and goes, but it bugs me. Not sure if it's even related to the GB surgery though.

No comments:

Post a Comment