A blog about my recent gallbladder removal, surgery and recovery. The audience of this blog is those who are going through or are about to go through this experience. Please feel free to ask questions and I would be happy to answer whatever I can.

I recommend starting with the first post and working your way forward in time for the complete picture!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 27: What is that dull ache down in my abdomen?


The last two days were great, with no issues. In fact, yesterday I actually forgot for a while that I had my gallbladder removed. In fact, I was feeling better than I have in a long time.

Today, I woke up with a mild ache in the lower right abdomen. This seems to me to be outside of the area where the operation happened, almost between the navel and the appendix. ItSo if I had to guess I would say it's somewhere in my large intestine. For all I know this may just be a problem I would have felt today even if I had a perfectly fine gallbladder.

Either way, it's a reminder that even 4 weeks after your surgery, you may still feel minor aches and discomfort in your abdomen. It may or may not be related, but I can assure you that if you are anything like me you will always assume it is.

3 comments:

  1. hi, I had my gallbladder removed on March 18, 2014 ..about a a month and 5 days now. since yesterday my stomachache on the right side. I was feeling much better but just recently the pain is back, I think it might be from drinking coffee and some fatty food.

    Thank you for writing this blog, I am glad to have someone to talk with..

    By the way, I had gall bladder removed by a Davinci robot, only 1 small hole at my belly button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aye, I also had the day Vinci single site robotic surgery, yesterday actually. Has your problems with coffee gone away?

      Delete
    2. I'm able to drink coffee without a problem now. Sure, it's been a few years, but I was able to drink coffee again not too long after my surgery. Every person is different of course, but I think you should be fine.

      Delete