A blog about my recent gallbladder removal, surgery and recovery. The audience of this blog is those who are going through or are about to go through this experience. Please feel free to ask questions and I would be happy to answer whatever I can.

I recommend starting with the first post and working your way forward in time for the complete picture!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 3: What is that pain in there where my gallbladder was?


Week 3 was even better than week 2, I was feeling better than 90% at this point. But a few days during the week, at random intervals, I would feel an ache inside. One day in particular this lasted pretty much all day and into the night.

The pain was not too intense, but it was there, seemingly with each heartbeat I would feel a little throb. I attributed this to "the healing process", but being somewhat of a hypochondriac, I was still worried.

The good news is that I would wake up the next day and feel fine, so it was easy to pass off.

I was now getting close to the day my doctor said I could exercise again (3 weeks). He also said "You can do whatever you want now ... you wont break anything at this point ... but it might hurt". Because of this, I cheated and started exercising a little earlier than I was supposed to.

On day 17, I did some work on the elliptical (no impact) for about 30 minutes. Felt pretty good, although I was fatigued and out of breath more easily than I remember. I attributed this to being lethargic for so many weeks.

On day 18 I mowed my lawn. I have a self-propelled, so it's not too difficult, but it was more the turning, swerving and pushing I was worried about. All was well and it felt good to be active again.

On day 19 I did some pushups, and then did some weight lifting. I kept it light, doing about 60% of my max, and I used the Nautilus machines for most of my work. I didn't want to be ripping something open using heavy free weights at this stage, especially if aforementioned weight was dangling over my head or neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment