A blog about my recent gallbladder removal, surgery and recovery. The audience of this blog is those who are going through or are about to go through this experience. Please feel free to ask questions and I would be happy to answer whatever I can.

I recommend starting with the first post and working your way forward in time for the complete picture!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome to My Gallbladder Removal Blog

The purpose of this blog is to discuss the details of my gallbladder removal surgery (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) and the recovery process so that those who are about to go through the same process can have some information at their disposal.

I had my gallbladder removed on Friday, August 26th, 2011 (8/26/11).

I found a lot of information out there before my surgery, but most of it was very brief ... and a lot of it was negative. People tend to post on the Internet only when something goes wrong, and considering there are millions of surgeries, there are bound to be many negative stories even with a low rate of issues just based on the sheer volume.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this blog. I had my gallbladder removed a couple days ago and found your blog VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, so glad I could help! It has now been almost 3 months since the surgery and I find myself regularly forgetting it even happened.

    There are a few instances where if I load up on super high fat foods (think Fried Calamari and a plate of BBQ ribs) that my digestive system will remind me that it lacks some bile and sends me some belly aches ... but otherwise things have been great.

    Good luck with your recovery! Feel free to ask any specific questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found using ice. Packs.help with the pain and.the only.way I could sleep is sittinG. Up In bed with pillows propping up my.back laying down hurt to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for posting all of these! I just had my gallbladder out yesterday, and your blog has been extremely helpful

    ReplyDelete